The last thing that an engineer wants is the added hassle of having to spend hours upon hours procuring components. They spend so many hours in the day looking for bugs in the PCB fabrication and assembly process, they don’t want anymore! This is where the turnkey PCB assembly service comes into play. If you can acquire a turnkey assembly contract, then they will be able to offer enough services to free up PCB assemblers to focus on other things that are more in their job description in the PCB prototype assembly realm.
There are two main types of turnkey services. One is known as full turnkey and the other as partial turnkey.
http://zonabekasi.com/burst/sitemap12.html Full Turnkey Services This is when the entire process is handled by the contracted assembler. The process includes ordering any and all components, taking care of online tracking of the parts, assembly, quality control and finally the shipment. Literally every part of the process is taken off the hands of the PCB assembler so that he has more time to focus on the PCB prototype assembly side of things.
Partial Turnkey Services This is when the contracted assemblers leaves the users to provide many of the components for themselves but will order any remaining parts and boards needed. While helpful, it’s not quite as convenient as the full turnkey service. Although, it’s definitely going to be more affordable, especially for a start up company.
In any case, both methods are going to be more convenient than not having a turnkey service at all. However, if you have a fast pace and high stress job, full turnkey service is optimal for reducing the stress of that situation. Here are several reasons as to why PCB prototype assembly companies might choose full turnkey service over partial:
- The project is still going to be owned by the assembler until it is completely done. This gives a lot of incentive to try and finish the job as fast as they can. However, this an sometimes mean mistakes are made that have to be gone over and fixed, which can also cause problems.
- Because the PCB prototype assembly team are able to get a hold of components that work well with the equipment and technology that they have, their development speed is usually much improved and the quality higher than it would have been without that assistance.
- With a turnkey service, all parts, services and components will be consolidated into one purchase or order. This means that they don’t have to separate things depending on which stage they are in during the project process. The contractor also takes care of sourcing, assembly and quality control as mentioned above which makes the entire process much more convenient for the assemblers.
- Users can take advantage of the assembler’s connections with suppliers of electronic components. This is because they are procuring the components themselves through the contractor. It’s fairly common for the contractors to have experts that are dedicated to the sourcing process on their staff. Their only duty and responsibility is to buy boards and components. The reason why they have dedicated staff for that part of the process is because this is one of the most important areas not to get wrong. There needs to be an element of expertise and experience to recognize when something is not the right component or product.
- Being able to expertly handle supplies and materials minimizes the risk of losing parts. This will save the company a lot of money. When someone is handling the process that is really suppose to be apart of the assembly team, they have a tendency to not properly understand what it would take to keep track of everything. Thus – lost time and money.
- If you integrate all the different facets or the developmental phases that will result is a more consistent process which makes for more accurate products at the end of everything. If consistency is delivered across every area then all units will be accurately produced.
- Having a shorter cycle of developments equals out to a shorter time to market distribution. Everything shortens the time and makes it quicker for the product to be released to the public. Less time going from phase to phase finishes the product much faster.